Data centres rely on business efficiency, maximised uptime and enhanced safety, so installing a fire detection solution that can offer the highest level of accuracy and stability is critical. Every second lost, every transaction missed, any data or equipment destroyed can mean huge losses.
FAAST Fire Alarm Aspiration Sensing Technology™ is a new generation of smoke detectors employing advanced technologies to deliver the earliest and most accurate smoke detection warning. FAAST alerts facility managers before the first indication of system trouble – helping them keep their mission critical facilities up and running 24/7, preventing unnecessary activation of suppression systems.
- Detection of trace smoke levels down to 0.0015% obs/m
- Up to 67% more effective than comparable solutions (independent testing at the University of Maryland)
- Acclimate mode automatically adjusts to changing environment
- Easy ‘auto configure’ installation and direct MODBUS connectivity
- Extended filter life reduces maintenance by 50%
- Remote monitoring capabilities and richer reporting via TCP/IP connectivity
- 10 pre-alert particulate level warnings, providing time to implement counter measures when trace levels of smoke are identified
Honeywell has joined the DCA to raise awareness for facility safety and to advise data centres on how they can achieve benchmark fire protection, through the application of advanced aspiration smoke detection technologies.
As a global leading manufacturer of fire safety solutions designed to meet the needs of the World’s most challenging applications, Honeywell’s FAAST aspiration smoke detector range is currently protecting a growing number of global data centres and mission critical facilities.
Our aim is to share application knowledge, case studies and information about advanced ASD technology with DCA members, and explain why ASD is proven to be the most effective fire detection principle for data centre applications.